Here is the Sunday Brunch the last and final meal in the three day package. Hope everyone has enjoyed it and let us know what you thought.
Steak Hash with Poached Eggs
Since the idea is to use up leftover steak and all the little bits of weekend vegetables, don't worry if amounts don't match precisely.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped grilled eggplant
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces grilled Chili-Espresso Rubbed Steak, chopped
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add eggplant and next 3 ingredients (through Chili-Espresso Rubbed Steak); cook 3 minutes or until heated. Stir in salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Keep steak mixture warm.
2. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer. Add vinegar. Break eggs into pan; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups hash onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 egg. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and parsley.
Fresh Fruit Salad
Total: 14 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 sliced peeled kiwifruit
1. Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until sugar dissolves. Add honeydew, strawberries, and kiwifruit; toss gently to combine.
Iced Mexican Latte
For this recipe, use the liqueur left over after making the trifles.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 4 1/8 teaspoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
1. Combine coffee and cinnamon sticks; cover and steep 15 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in milk and liqueur; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled. Serve over ice.